UI Designer Job Description
Here’s a job description template to help you attract the UI Designer you are looking for. Feel free to edit it to best suit your needs.
This is where you make one of the first impressions with prospective hires. In this section, write a short, catchy paragraph about your company. Make sure to provide information about the company culture, company size, key clients, company’s mission, and goals. As well as perks, benefits, office hours, remote working possibilities, and everything else you think makes your company interesting.
As a UI Designer, you will be responsible to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces through design.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with developers, copywriters, and UX designers to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience.
- Create, improve, and use wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback.
- Conceptualize original ideas that are simple and user-friendly to complex design roadblocks.
- Present designs that are based on the overall design roadmap and key milestone deliverables to all stakeholders.
- Execute from concept to final hand-off to engineering all visual design stages.
- Set design standards, guidelines, and best practices.
- Continually be updated with the latest changes in the industry’s standards.
- Proven UI experience.
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Excellent visual design skills.
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps.
- Proficient in visual design and wire-framing tools.
- Presentation skills.
- Creative ideas with a problem-solving mindset.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Abreast with the latest UI techniques, trends, and technologies.
- BSc/MSc in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or relevant field.
- UI Design
- Visual Design
- User Research
- UI Prototyping