Here’s a job description template to help you attract the Social Media Manager you are looking for. Feel free to edit it to best suit your needs. To assess potential candidates, do also check out our hiring guide for Social Media Manager, as well as interview questions you might use.
This is where you make one of the first impressions with prospective hires. In this section, write a short, catchy paragraph about your company. Make sure to provide information about the company culture, company size, key clients, company’s mission, and goals. As well as perks, benefits, office hours, remote working possibilities, and everything else you think makes your company interesting.
As a Social Media Manager, you will be responsible for planning, implementing, managing, and monitoring the company’s Social Media strategy to increase brand awareness, improve marketing efforts, and increase sales.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and implement a social media strategy to align with the client’s business goals.
- Create, edit, publish, and share engaging content (e.g. original text, photos, videos, and news).
- Work on developing the community by participating in discussions, communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner, and monitor reviews.
- Oversee social media accounts’ design and layout.
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions.
- Monitor SEO, social media conversion rates, and web traffic metrics.
- Collaborate with other teams, like marketing, sales, and customer service to ensure brand consistency.
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools, and applications.
- Proven work experience as a Social Media Marketer/Community Manager.
- Hands-on experience in content management.
- Excellent copywriting skills and the ability to deliver creative content (text, image, and video).
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research, and Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of online marketing channels.
- Familiarity with web design and a keen eye to detail.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Analytical and multitasking skills.
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field.
- Social Media Marketing
- Community Management
- Social Media Analytics
- Strategic Planning