Here’s a job description template to help you attract the SEO you are looking for. Feel free to edit it to best suit your needs. To assess potential candidates, do also check out our hiring guide for SEO specialists, as well as interview questions you might use.
This is where you make one of the first impressions with prospective hires. In this section, write a short, catchy paragraph about your company. Make sure to provide information about the company culture, company size, key clients, company’s mission, and goals. As well as perks, benefits, office hours, remote working possibilities, and everything else you think makes your company interesting.
As an SEO specialist, you will be responsible for managing all SEO activities, make use of marketing research strategies and analysis to improve a website’s ranking on all major search engines like Google. You will update the website to include the most popular and relevant keywords used in search engine queries, helping search engines find those sites and display them to web users.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop SEO campaigns to meet objectives and ROI goals of clients.
- Perform comprehensive SEO audits of websites including lead or sales performance data, rankings data, crawl logs, and site analysis tools to create an actionable plan for improvement and optimization.
- Analyze on-page, off-page, and technical factors of the site and provide recommendations to improve its overall SEO growth and performance.
- Conduct periodic keyword research, technical and content audits, and competitor analysis to discover new SEO opportunities and improve site traffic.
- Create and review detailed campaign performance data and future-looking strategic roadmaps.
- Improve the site’s domain authority by performing link research and link building activities.
- Manage SEO content and; work with clients and in-house teams to establish topics and the timeline for workflow.
- Build the entire SEO strategy, including a content marketing and link-building strategy.
- Increase organic traffic, research buyer persona, achieve featured snippets, and track online metrics.
- Determine the latest industry news, SEO trends, tools and algorithm, effective benchmarks, and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) experience.
- Experience in leading and managing SEO, digital metrics, and web traffic and analytics.
- Skilled at on-page and off-page optimization and keyword research and analysis.
- Demonstrable knowledge of link building, content, and social media strategies.
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms.
- Proven ability to perform SEO audits and successfully implement site optimization.
- Up-to-date with the latest industry trends, tools and algorithms, SEO best practices, and competitor news through audience insights and digital analytics.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Link Building
- SEO Audits
- Keyword Research
- Web Content Writing
- On-page Optimization
- Off-page SEO
- Web Analytics
- Content Marketing