Email Marketing Specialist Job Description
Here’s a job description template to help you attract the Email Marketing Specialist you are looking for. Feel free to edit it to best suit your needs.
This is where you make one of the first impressions with prospective hires. In this section, you may write a short but catchy paragraph about your company. Make sure to provide information about the company culture, company size, key clients, company’s mission, and goals. As well as perks, benefits, office hours, remote working possibilities, and everything else you think makes your company interesting.
As an Email Marketing Specialist, you will oversee all aspects of email marketing campaigns, including market research, content creation, and the dissemination of copy.
- Produce and execute all email and SMS campaigns, including building emails from templates and HTML, copywriting, asset coordination, QA, and scheduling.
- Support various strategic programs via manual and triggered campaigns across the customer lifecycle including prospecting, win-back, nurturing, post-purchase, loyalty, retention, surveys, and transactional emails.
- Build effective target audiences and segments for every message to drive engagement and revenue performance against KPI goals.
- Manage and execute email/SMS marketing calendar and ensure alignment with business priorities, demand forecasts, and internal stakeholders.
- Use customer data such as web-behavior to drive the message and content personalization.
- Devise and execute A/B tests, manage testing calendar, record results, and advise on improvements. Testing includes subject lines, message content, CTAs, customer cohorts, and segments, send time, and new features intended to drive performance lift.
- Work in partnership with designers and copywriters to optimize email creative and template structure based on best practices.
- Mitigate email and SMS frequency between program touchpoints to minimize database churn. This includes marketing campaigns, triggered emails, promotional emails, and transactional emails.
- Perform render testing across devices, email clients, and ISPs to ensure that emails are rendering correctly for the majority of the subscriber base.
- Provide regular campaign performance reports that include opens, clicks, conversions, revenue, revenue lift, unsubscribes, etc.
- Regularly identify trends and email marketing strategies from other leading global brands to glean insights on best practices and new innovative ideas for email marketing tactics, including audits of how we can acquire, nurture and retain these customers.
- Constantly look for new ways to improve overall programs through new technology, tools, partners, trends, and best practices.
- Proven experience managing an email marketing program.
- Hands-on experience in marketing automation platforms.
- Detailed knowledge of email regulations, best practices, and compliance internationally in various regulatory regimes (e.g., GDPR or CASL).
- Proven work experience in growing, engaging with, and analyzing the performance of a large email marketing database.
- Experience building an email marketing campaign from scratch.
- Knowledgeable in Google Analytics, HTML/CSS, A/B Testing, and other CMS.
- Experience using SQL and similar queries to analyze data.
- Proficient in data analytics to determine important data and be able to suggest improvements.
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Email Marketing
- Campaign Marketing
- Communication Skills
- Marketing Automation
- Web Analytics
- Template Creation
- Content Creation