e-Commerce Specialist Job Description
Here’s a job description template to help you attract the e-Commerce Specialist you are looking for. Feel free to edit it to best suit your needs. To assess potential candidates, do also check out our hiring guide for SEO specialists, as well as interview questions you might use.
This is where you make one of the first impressions with prospective hires. In this section, write a short, catchy paragraph about your company. Make sure to provide information about the company culture, company size, key clients, company’s mission, and goals. As well as perks, benefits, office hours, remote working possibilities, and everything else you think makes your company interesting.
As an e-Commerce Specialist, you will create and implement strategies that make online transactions possible. You will organize, develop, and execute website marketing plans.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Write and edit product content that will be published on e-Commerce websites/portals.
- Set standards, systems, and best practices for new product listings, content creation, distribution, and maintenance.
- Work closely with different teams (product management, graphics, sales) to provide updated content that will be shared across e-Commerce platforms.
- Provide support in other areas of Media Marketing, PPC, Email Marketing, SEO, Keyword Research, Google Analytics, Website UX, and Paid Social Media.
- Be a subject matter expert to assigned product categories.
- Identify SEO best practices regarding inventory, pre-orders, and pricing policies.
- Monitor changes in product sales by using web analytics and Excel spreadsheets (pivot tables, vlookups, etc) to stay organized.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in a fast-paced, e-Commerce business.
- Hands-on experience in managing and maintaining e-Commerce websites/portals.
- Knowledgeable of the e-Commerce space that includes marketing strategies, product development, competitive strategies, consumer research, industry trends and usability best practices.
- Knowledge of various platforms and online sales strategies and can be used to conduct digital sales or website conversions.
- Familiarity with web design and a keen eye to detail.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Analytical and multitasking skills.
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field.
- Web Content Writing
- Web Design
- Marketing Strategies