Here’s a job description template to help you attract the e-Commerce Marketer you are looking for. Feel free to edit it to best suit your needs. To assess potential candidates, do also check out our hiring guide for SEO specialists, as well as interview questions you might use.
This is where you make one of the first impressions with prospective hires. In this section, write a short, catchy paragraph about your company. Make sure to provide information about the company culture, company size, key clients, company’s mission, and goals. As well as perks, benefits, office hours, remote working possibilities, and everything else you think makes your company interesting.
As an e-Commerce Marketer, you will spearhead the strategies that make online transactions possible. You will also be responsible for organizing, developing, and executing website marketing plans.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop, monitor, write, and update product content contained on e-Commerce websites/portals.
- Cultivate standards, systems, and best practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance, and new product listings.
- Work with product management, sales, graphics, and other relevant departments to provide updated content for assigned accounts to be shared across e-Commerce platforms.
- Support in other areas of Email Marketing, SEO, Keyword Research, Google Analytics, Website UX, Social Media Marketing, PPC and Paid Social Media.
- Develop subject matter expertise in assigned product categories and take ownership of daily business administration on assigned accounts.
- Share SEO best practices, pricing policies, media assets, inventory, and/or pre-orders.
- Use Spreadsheets or Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, etc) in addition to web analytics to stay organized and monitor changes in product sales and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in a fast-paced, e-Commerce business.
- Hands-on experience in managing and maintaining e-Commerce websites/portals.
- Possess strong knowledge of the e-Commerce space including competitive strategies, marketing strategies, product development, consumer research, usability best practices, and industry trends.
- Knowledge of online sales strategies and the various platforms used to conduct digital sales or conversions on a website.
- Familiarity with web design and a keen eye to detail.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Analytical and multitasking skills.
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field.
- Web Content Writing
- Web Design
- Marketing Strategies