Here’s a job description template to help you attract the Backend Developer you are looking for. Feel free to edit it to best suit your needs.
This is where you make one of the first impressions with prospective hires. In this section, write a short, catchy paragraph about your company. Make sure to provide information about the company culture, company size, key clients, company’s mission, and goals. As well as perks, benefits, office hours, remote working possibilities, and everything else you think makes your company interesting.
As a Backend Developer, you will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for the integration of the front-end elements.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Be involved and participate in the overall application lifecycle.
- Focus on coding and debugging.
- Collaborate with front-end developers.
- Define and communicate technical and design requirements.
- Provide training, help, and support to other team members.
- Build a high-quality reusable code that can be used in the future.
- Develop functional and sustainable web applications with clean codes.
- Learn about new technologies and stay up to date with current best practices.
- Conduct UI tests and optimize performance.
- Proven backend web development experience and proficient knowledge of a backend programming language
- In-depth understanding of web development.
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes.
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting.
- Setup and administration of backups.
- Outputting data in different formats.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
- BS in Computer Science or a related field.
- Coding (HTML/CSS3)
- Analytical Skills
- Web Development